Saturday, February 12, 2011

11/365 - Old School

Edited in Picnik with the sepia effect

It's quite unusual for me not to have a smidge of time in my day to at least get on the computer quickly, but yesterday there was NO time at all. I was on the go from the moment I got up to the moment I finally fell into bed late last night. Hence no 365 photo yesterday. So I'll have to do two today.
I spent yesterday with one of my besties scouring op shops, having coffee and just hanging out. We hadn't seen each other in a year! Was the best fun EVER!
We dropped into the Chapel St Bazaar for a look. We didn't know where to look first! It is jam packed with so much awesome, vintage stuff!
The above photo is one of the very few photos I took yesterday. Taken on my p&s. Reminds me of when I was in Grade 1. Back in the days of the school port. Love it!

~ Ky x

5 comments:

Felicity said...

It is very evocative of school and I love that you called it a port - growing up in NSW that's what we called them until we moved to QLD in Gr 6.

They are known as bags here and NEVER would you take something as stylish as this it HAD to be a fabric sports bag - preferably with an sporting logo emblazoned on the side.

Thanks for the memory making.

Felicity x

Photography said...

Lovely :-) Love op shopping.

Ms. Becky said...

oh I adored the plane photo and now this. it could really take a person back a few. what memories are packed within the frame of this lovely photo. and it makes a person wonder just what memories were once carried along in these bags. it's a visual feast. I hope you have a beautiful weekend!

Unknown said...

Love this shot, looks so nostalgic! Sounds like you had a great day. You are so lucky there, we LOVE Melbourne shopping!

beachvintage.com said...

Geez I love old suitcases.